Thursday, January 24, 2008

Close Encounters of the Dubious Kind.

I drove from home to office today for the first time. And i brushed an auto bumper.

Fully afraid already, bumping into the auto was almost the last straw. As i saw the autowallah get out of the driver's seat, i put on my most puppy-dog look. He marched out, saw the bumper and went, "Kya madam?"

With my hangdog expression, i went, "Sooorry bhaiyya!" and "Chod do bhaiyya, sorry bhaiyya!"

He saw my expression and tried to control the smile that played on his face, but it showed through. Slightly. Then he turned to my driver, seated next to me, and went, "Yen Saar?" and my driver goes, "Kalista idini odsodue. Yenu agilla bidi."

So then he quietly went away, and i continued to office.

Sigh. If only all autowallahs were like him.

No comments: